John's inspiring 250 pound weight loss | Darrens Dieting News & Blog

Saturday 3 September 2011

John's inspiring 250 pound weight loss

I was always great. As the years went on, I just larger by eating anything and everything.
Unfortunately, my health got worse as the years pass went also. I had my first child at the age of 23, and if the pregnancy went I kept getting bigger and bigger. After my 3rd child came, I was close to 350 pounds.
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and was placed on numerous medicines. After my fourth child, I topped out as much as 400 pounds! My health was so bad that I couldn't even 3 steps without losing my breath and feel like I was going to die.
My life changed one day when I call when I'm at work. My wife at the time said that my father had a massive heart attack and had passed away. I went to see my doctor a week later because I had chest pains. She said that one thing that completely changed my mentality. She said: "John if you want to see your kids have their own kids, then you have to lose weight, if not there was a space next to your father."
I started by changing my diet. I went from white rice, white bread, all oily and fatty foods to salads, wheat bread and brown rice. After 6 months I started to run. I went from 400 pounds to 375 lbs. I started feel good about weight loss and said to myself that I could do this. After a year, I fell to 325 lbs and went from a 62 waist to a 48. I felt better and decided to go for £ 25. After 20 months, I was walking to 270 pounds and I was more than a mile per day. I started to get hooked on dieting and exercising.
I went through a divorce and started to get depressed. I started again to unhealthy eating and I quickly found myself lonely and depressed. Food was my only source of happiness. Then one day I went to the Mall and I ran into my first real love of school. We spoke and went out to dinner. She was going through the same thing as I did. Her son's father left her and she was her only son. We started dating and spending a lot of time together. I started to diet again hard.
I went walking about 3 times per day and started my salad and browns again. I got myself to 225 pounds and thought that was enough, but I was wrong, that I was now addicted to dieting and exercising. I had my 5th child and quickly was to 175 pounds and run a full 6-7 miles twice a day. I looked in the mirror and said: "damn I have this, I can lose another 25 pounds"! I was on a strict 1100 calorie diet, which no soft drinks or sugar involved. Strictly water or if I wanted to taste a little, I had some Crystal light.
After 3 years and many trials I beat my all time low weight, 132 pounds. My doctor said the funniest thing I've ever heard. She said: "John, you need to be a little weight"! After all the years of being bold words in the book and all the burden of everyone's fat jokes, I had someone tell me that I had to gain weight. My doctor told me that she was surprised when they did my diabetes test, as it was as if I never had diabetes.
Now I'm a weight of 147-150 pounds and 11% body fat company. My life has changed, my health is great, and I have a new lease on life. I am never tired as I was before and my cardio levels become unreal. It is as if God gave me a new me.

My words of wisdom: anything can be achieved if you put your mind and soul. If I can do, anyone can! Always remember that life is precious and that life begins with you!!
The 3 most important things that I would like to say to everyone who is struggling with their weight and health.
A target, start with a small goal, then work from there.Get support from loved ones, if it wasn't for my wife and children, I would never have at this point. They understand that you do for yourself, so you can make around for them.Love yourself ... because I discovered that if you don't love yourself, then you will not care enough to help yourself.
By John Toledo III

No comments:

Post a Comment